Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Here are our current job openings. Please click on the job title for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
- Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
- Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
Click column header to sort
Our DVM Student Program with Southern Veterinary Partners (SVP) gives you beneficial working experience while providing valuable mentorship, and networking opportunities. The program offers four week summer job opportunities for 1st and 2nd year students and externship opportunities for 3rd and 4th year students.
In this program you will:
- Receive broad clinical experience under the supervision of experienced veterinarians including internal medicine, surgery, and any other services the particular hospital offers.
- Observe and participate in medical and surgical procedures, diagnostics and their interpretation, and direct client communication when possible.
- Interpret fecal samples, blood smears, radiographic images, urinalysis, and CBC/Chemistry panels.
- Fine tune your technical skills.
- Participate in case management, diagnostic interpretation, and therapeutic drug selection.
SVP is a network of veterinary hospitals throughout the southern United States. We are a company built and led by veterinarians.
Investing in partnerships and connections at veterinary schools is critical to the SVP culture and future. The SVP university program is growing and expanding. SVP is dependent on student consultants to help the company invest in programs, ideas, activities, and opportunities at targeted veterinary schools. The SVP student consultant will be a vital resource for their schools and he/she will learn, grow and be exposed to our growing network of hospitals across the south.
SVP’s commitment to veterinary students is to provide a collaborative, learning environment for student clinicians and new graduates. The SVP Student Consultant will be the pivot point for SVP investments in time, attention, and funding!
Southern Veterinary Partners
Clinical Award - $25,000
Designed to help reduce student debt and hire quality veterinary associates, an innovative partnership provides financial support to select LMU students with a path for employment following graduation.
Southern Veterinary Partners (SVP) will provide a $25,000 award to select final year students with funds being directly applied to the recipient's clinical year, final semester tuition. The award includes a two-year employment agreement with SVP, guaranteed salary and benefits and opportunity to choose between at least 3 locations within the SVP network.
The Fall Application Cycle is open now until October 31st. Finalists will take part in an interview panel in early November. Award recipients will be notified in December with funds applied toward the January session.
· Currently enrolled at Lincoln Memorial University of Veterinary Medicine and have completed the third year of the program
· Demonstrates leadership qualities and a passion for personalized veterinary care
· Willingness to work with the SVP network for two years following graduation
· Application completely filled out
· Recommendation from a faculty member, work supervisor or community leader
· Essay Prompts: (500 word or less response to each)
1. Why did you choose to pursue a degree in veterinary medicine?
2. What personal examples or connections can you share that demonstrate the type of care you believe is important to provide as a veterinarian?
· Finalists will be notified in early November via email
· Recipient will be required to sign a two-year work agreement before accepting the award